Hi, I’m Amanda and I am The Vacation Nerd! I believe Vacation Is a State of Mind.
It’s a feeling – the anticipation building before you leave, the thrill of the unexpected, the joy of unplugging from everyday life to unwind and the nostalgia of reliving past vacations through our memories. We go on vacation because we want to feel, to live, to make memories with the people we love. Vacations anchor us to the past and catapult us to the future as we plan and dream about what is to come.
I am the best version of myself when I’m on vacation and I’m striving to carve out as many little moments throughout the day to capture that feeling. I want to steal away from everyday life to remember what is most important and appreciate what I have.
I want to take TIME…
- To sip my coffee while doing NOTHING else.
- To sit at the table for dinner and listen to each other instead of looking at our phones.
- To have an impromptu dance party in our living room.
- To plan an epic movie night complete with themed meal and decorations.
- To take a Saturday morning hike at our local state park.
- To enjoy a long weekend with no plans and have a Staycation.
- To road trip halfway across the country with only an outline of a plan.
- To relax on the beach and listen to the ocean waves.
- To spend a week at Walt Disney World, the Most Magical Place on Earth.
So, I invite you to join me on this adventure. I’ll show you my nerdy side of researching, spreadsheets (I LOVE Excel), lists and all things Disney. I spend hours researching the must do’s for any location we’re about to visit and curating it into an itinerary the whole family will love. I’ll share my tips, tricks and vacation stories – even the ones that go under the category, “We’ll Laugh about this Someday.”